Friday, June 14, 2013

Two Years Old

My little girl, Ava Elisabeth DePalermo, you are two years old! I cannot believe this has happened, where did two years go? Let me tell you, it has been a very busy and very amazing two years.  You have grown so fast that when I look back at your pictures, it seems like it was just yesterday I was at your baby shower!

So here I sit, thinking back on all of the things that you have done and are learning to do.  I remember when we found out we were expecting you, I was so happy to know that Michael would be a big brother! Then I remember when I saw you on the sonogram screen and knew you were a little girl, that was the best Christmas present ever my love. 
So what have you been up to this past year?
  • Well, just a few days after your first birthday, you started walking.  It was so precious to see your chubby little legs walk to me!  You laughed the whole time, so proud and excited!
  • You are talking so much and at first most of it sounded like a foreign language, but now you can easily carry on a phone conversation.
  • You count to 20, most of the time correctly.  Every once in a while you forget and go from 5 to 9 but that's okay.
  • I love how you learned your colors.  With Michael it was with flash cards and scavenger hunts but with you...it was with your bows.  You have quite the collection of bows and yet I feel the need to make more.  You are particular about your bows and like to pick one out each morning and yes, you pick one out to wear at night to match your jammies. 
  • You love shoes especially wedges.  I am amazed at how well you wear and walk in them!  I should have known since you raid my closet for my highest heels and parade around the house in them.
  • You sit in the bathroom with me and pretend to put on make up while I put on my own.  I love how you look at yourself and say "so pretty!"
  • You are quite the bossy little girl.  I do love this quality about you.  It is amazing to see the differences in you and your brother, little girls are just born with such different characteristics.  It's natural!  Michael usually complies with your requests which makes the situation even more comical.
  • You have had your first hospital stay now and it was scary for me.  I hated seeing you with all of those tubes and things connected to you, but it was necessary to make you better.  I'm so glad that is over and you are all better!  As you would say, "Good as new".
  • You love anything Disney princess, Disney fairies, or Minnie Mouse! Goodness, I guess we should go to Disney World huh? ;)
  • You are a little mommy and help me take care of your brothers and our kitty Kaya.  She lets you love on her but runs from everyone else.
  • You sing pretty much all the time and always off key.  I love it so much.  We sing songs as I tuck you in and it is one of my favorite parts of the day.
  • You will pretty much eat anything, especially if it is on my plate. THANK YOU! One picky eater is enough in my house.
  • There is one characteristic that I don't think you will outgrow anytime soon.  You know exactly how to upset Michael.  You do one little thing that sends him off the deep end and then look at me like he's crazy.  Darling girl, please stop this. 
  • You are a bit of a drama queen, even for the smallest offenses. This is when Michael looks at me like you are crazy and shakes his head.  You two are quite the pair.
I am so in love with the little girl you are and so blessed you are my daughter.  I am very excited about future talks, shopping, nail appointments and cuddle sessions.  I will always look at you like you are my little baby even though you are growing up sweet one.  I know that today you are two but I also know that I will blink my eyes and be at your high school graduation.  Time, sadly moves all to swiftly so I will cherish each second that I have with you and your brothers.  Happy Second Birthday baby girl, Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment