Friday, June 14, 2013

Eight Months Old

Well my sweet little boy, as usual time has flown and I find myself wondering just what has happened.  Some of it is from a lack of sleep and some because you three just keep me so busy I sometimes forget to eat!  Trust me, this can happen, ask any mom!  So much has happened since our last post so let's get to it!
  • You had a bit of a scare this month.  I woke up to find that you had some red blotches on your face and they had spread to your body.  I had no idea what it was but as the day progressed, so did your red skin. You were covered and quickly becoming swollen so I took you to the ER where the doctor still wasn't sure what was going on.  He gave you Benadryl and told me to stop your antibiotic you were on for your ear infection. (if you remember, you had already taken this medicine once before for an ear infection with no side effects.)  I trusted him and we went home.  Neither of us slept that night because I was so worried and as soon as the sun was up, I called your doctor and off we went!  She was so glad we listened to the ER doctor because you were having an allergic reaction to penicillin!  Had I kept you on the medicine, something pretty scary would have happened.  So a few short days and some steroids later, you were all better! I should mention that I was pulled over for speeding while taking you to the ER.  The sweet officer looked at you and sent me on my way.  Sorry about that baby, I just wanted to get you there!
  • You do sit up quite well and are talking up a storm.  You get on your knees and scoot everywhere.  I am amazed at how quickly you can get what you want by using a combination of rolling and scooting.  You are so desperately trying to keep up with Michael and Ava. 
  • You are the BEST sleeper!  THANK YOU SO MUCH for this. 
  • You are so happy that you can sit up in the bath now!  I am too, honestly it is so much easier to bathe you this way.  I think you just love to splash.
  • You crinkle your nose when you smile, just like I do.  I LOVE to kiss you little nose!








So little man, you are growing quickly and I am loving each stage.  I'm so happy that God surprised us, I couldn't imagine life any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment