Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby #3


Well I don't think that I have blogged about baby #3 yet!  You see, with the first pregnancy you have all this time to do cute things for your new bundle of joy.  With the second pregnancy, the time is a bit more rare but you can find just enough to squeeze things in.  With this poor child, I haven't even taken tummy pictures!  In most pictures my stomach is hidden, showing no proof of baby.  So, here we go neglected one, this is your blog.  Just know that while I am still finishing your sister's baby book, you are loved and I can't wait to meet you.

It isn't a secret that this pregnancy was a shock to us.  I am a planner, a true "type A" personality so baby #3 wasn't in the cards for us, at least not for a while.  I mean seriously, I have a sweet boy AND girl, how could I be greedy? Well, God had other plans because despite our efforts not to concieve, baby #3 is on the way.

This pregnancy was quite different than Michael and Ava.  First, I quit my job, moved and found out I was pregnant all in the same week.  I should have known that this was not going to be simple.  I have been so sick this pregnancy.  If I had morning sickness like this with Michael, I don't know if any other babies would have been on my radar.  I mean it, morning sickness is not fun and with a preschooler and toddler running around it became down right annoying.  However, doctors now have wonderful drugs that make it go away, just as long as you can sleep for 12 hours and then function like a zombie the next day.

Regardless of the shock factor and sickness, we are excited about our new adventure.  There will now be five of us instead of four.  We debated whether or not to find out if it was a boy but when I had to have an ultrasound due to a little accident, there was no denying what I saw on the screen.  Afterall, I had just had two other babies, I was used to those fuzzy pictures.  I went home and told Derin we didn't have to worry about girl names anymore!  Honestly, I knew it was a boy from the start.  I just had this feeling of peace about it, clear as day.  As for his name, that is something worth waiting for.

So, the room is ready, the family is prepping and I am realizing what it is like to be pregnant in the summer in Texas.  I do have to say that despite the craziness of this pregnancy I am on pins and needles to meet my new man.  Michael is excited, Ava is in denial.  I just can't believe how blessed we are that God is giving us yet another gift.  This baby is going to be something special, I can tell.  Something is different, probably because I realize that while I think I mantain some type of control over my life, it's really all God. So, I am going to be a mommy for the third time.  I am excited and nervous and so very lucky, I cannot wait to see what God has in store for this little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment