Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Easter

He is not here; He is RISEN!"

Luke 24:6

He is RISEN! Happy Easter everyone. (Yes I know, Easter was last weekend)What a fun weekend we had. First Derin and I were home on the same day! We spent Friday getting ready for company and sleeping! I had no voice so every time Michael would crawl out of the room, I would whisper as loudly as possible, MICHAEL! He would squeal and crawl faster...away from me. He truly enjoys being chased. On Saturday, Mamalu, Cliff and GG came into town. We visited, grilled steaks and just enjoyed each other's company. Michael enjoyed all the attention. It is a bit harder now because he doesn't like to sit in your lap anymore, instead he wants to crawl around, so there is less lap time, but lots of play time now.

P1010911Sunday we went to church and then headed to Lulu and Craig's house for yummy ham and all the fixings. The Easter bunny (Mamalu, Lulu and GG) brought sweet gifts for baby Michael. He LOVED the book that sings "Peter Cottontail" from Lulu and adored the beach ball from Mamalu. So funny to watch him chase that around the room. Uncle Craig showed Michael his drum set and gave him a quick tutorial. I can't wait until he is old enough to try and play. I truly hope that music is big part in Michael's life. He really does seem to enjoy it now, it is amazing how music can calm and enchant him.

P1010914P1010916P1010919Sadly, everyone had to leave so Michael and I took a nap on Lulu's couch. When we woke up we watched old family videos. It was sweet to see Derin and Diane when they were little, unwrapping Christmas presents and hugging their parents. I understand those moments more now than ever, I cannot wait to see Michael open gifts, squeal and then run up to hug us. I want to give him the world.

God gave us the world. Christ was sacrificed  but he rose again so that we could have eternal life. I hope you had a fabulous Easter weekend and that you remember Christ came so that we could have life, and live that life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment