Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christmas 2012

Well, we definitely made the rounds this Christmas season.  I was almost giddy at the thought of watching the kid's eyes light up whenever they saw the Christmas tree and all that Santa had left for them.  It was like being a kid all over again.  This year was all about trains, Toy Story, Minnie Mouse and Brave.  All things that I love so it was fun shopping for sure!

We spent Christmas Eve with Mamlu, Lulu, Gigi and Cliff.  We ate the best Chinese food I have had in a long time! This is a tradition I feel we should definitley begin. The presents were amazing, Michael getting his fill of trains and Ava getting all the princess things she needs to dress up. Of course Austin got some cute clothes and toys as well.  He just sat through the entire thing and allowed us to open his presents for him, how sweet.  We did learn a valuable lesson in present order for sure; Michael needs to open everything else first and save the trains for last.  He wouldn't set them down for a second, it was almost impossible to get him to open anything else.  I can't wait to see Ava next year as she gets more into the spirit, I think it may take two more years for Austin though.






Christmas night we drove up to Roanoke to see my parents, my brother and his family.  I was so excited for my babies to spend Christmas with their cousins.  The coolest thing? SNOW!  A winter storm blew in as we were traveling and there was snow (and ice) all over the ground.  I was so happy that the babies got to have a white Christmas.  It was a blast.  I don't know how I ever thought my house was loud before, but add Quinn, Nash and vaulted ceilings to the mix and it's a whole new volume! We went to the Gaylord Texan to see the ice sculptures, this year was Madagascar on Ice.  It was freezing in there!  Austin was beyond warm, snuggled up with me underneath three layers of clothes and two parkas.  He slept the entire time.  Ava and Michael, they weren't exactly well behaved during the tour.  Next time we will be sure to go right after nap time and when everyone can walk.  It was incredibly packed and to be honest, it felt like the Griswold Family Christmas.  Just look at the picture and you can see.  It was hilarious, I think Michael's face says it all. Nonetheless, I couldn't believe how beautiful the ice could be and I have no idea how they added all of that color.  Gorgeous!  I loved it! We opened another round of gifts with Matt, BittBitt, Quinn, Nash, Nana and PawPa, Grammer and Slickpaw.  The chaos of it all with paper everywhere was just too cute; the honest joy on the kids faces when they opened their gifts from their family was priceless and a memory I will always treasure.

















I can honestly say that the highlight this year was getting to see my Grandpa, whom I haven't seen in four years.  Watching him hold my babies and play with Ava was so sweet for me.  He had never met them before and he was quick to spoil them.  Michael wanted to eat everything he saw, especially some chocolate covered raisins and jelly beans that my Auntie Ev had out. I told him no and almost instinctively, without hesitation, Michael took the jar to Grandpa and asked.  Grandpa immediatley opened it and ate some right along with Michael.  I told him that I had said no and Grandpa explained that it was his duty to spoil my children and then hand them back over to me.  How can I argue with that logic?  I loved getting to eat with Auntie Ev, Grandpa, Uncle Steve and Uncle Joe.  I am so happy that they are all in Texas now, it took them a while but there are finally here. Santa left some more presents for everyone at Auntie Ev's house including a sweet baby that Ava can bathe and feed all by herself (this will give Austin a much needed break).



It was a whirlwind week and one that I will not soon forget.  We had an amazing and blessed Christmas season with good food and family but most importantly, we celebrated the birth of our Savior Christ Jesus.  That is truly the best gift of all.













No comments:

Post a Comment