Monday, January 9, 2012

No More Binkie!!!

I am so glad that I can finally blog about this!  Michael no longer uses his binkie!!!  He finally gave it up after two and a half years.  Actually, before Ava came along, he wasn’t using the binkie at all.  Then when he saw that she used one, he wanted his back.  Since it was a big transition for all of us, we agreed.  I didn’t want to frustrate him anymore because his little world was already upside down.IMG_0363Well, it is no secret that he is in LOVE with the Cars movies.  After watching Cars 2, Michael became obsessed with getting Holley Shiftwell. So began the week long quest to get rid of the binkie!  We made a chart and every day that he didn’t use his binkie, he would get a smiley sticker.  He really enjoyed putting the stickers on his chart.  IMG_0344 IMG_0345 IMG_0346 IMG_0347On Friday, I went to pick him up from Missy’s and I had his chart and Holley in hand.  He put his final sticker on, counted that he had five total and then stated: “Mommy, I want Holley”. I was so excited that I could actually hand her over! Now he says, “I’m a big boy, I don’t need my binkie, I have Holley!”  Yes, my little man, you are growing up and much too quickly. Next stop, potty training!

No comments:

Post a Comment