Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Big Boy

Well, the day has finally come where Michael has begun to feed himself with utensils. Until now, he has been using his fingers to feed himself. While I thought this day would make life easier for me, I now realize I was sadly mistaken.  Michael loves his applesauce so a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to feed him but he kept refusing and then took the spoon from me.  He was so cute trying to eat the applesauce from the little container.  One interesting fact is that he feeds himself with his left hand.  He tried his right hand but then switched back.  IMG_0431 IMG_0432 IMG_0430IMG_0436

So why is this not any easier for me?  Well, he is so much more messy now.  Most of the applesauce misses his mouth but he looks so cute trying to eat it.  So while my clean up duties are that much greater, he is so happy to feed himself.  We haven’t tried forks yet and cups just get water everywhere but we are making progress.  So here’s to my little boy growing up.  I just can’t wait to see how he is with his little sister or brother and just look at all of those teeth!IMG_0433IMG_0434IMG_0435

No comments:

Post a Comment