Sunday, February 28, 2010

Eight Months

P1010892Happy Eight months my little man! I can't believe that I love you more each and every day! As wonderful as it was to bring you home from the hospital, you are so much fun now! You roll around, talk, giggle and basically get into everything you possibly can. When that bell rings at 3:55, I run out the door to go and pick you up. It is such a sweet feeling to walk   in the door and have you smile at me. Sometimes (little stinker) you see me and start crying because I don't pick you up right away. (Mommy has to wash all the germs off her hands first!) You seem to really love school each day and you give your teachers kisses. I'm so glad you are learning to play and share with others, now if you could just stop sharing viruses we could all get some sleep :). P1010893

For your birthday I mashed a banana thinking you would love it instead of the baby food. Well, you have bronchiolitis right now so you weren't super excited about it. I had to stay home with you and go to the doctor but overall it wasn't a horrible birthday. We had breathing treatments, you got to see your puppies, you took a really long nap, played with your snail and helped Mommy wash all of your linens, despite the pesky trip to the doctor, it was good day together. So, here is all that you do now that you are eight months old:

P10109041. Say Dada ALL the time. Derin thinks it is your first word, I'm not sure it counts. Sometimes it sounds like you say Daddy!

2. Eat your socks, constantly!!! You are such a little goat! When I try to take it out of your mouth you bite down on it and the tug-of-war begins. Such a fun game.

3. You put your binky in your mouth backwards by the handle and then wait for me to notice. When I do, you move it up and down with your gums and make me laugh!! Then you start laughing and then we just can't stop. Such a little joker.

4. You roll EVERYWHERE. You are so close to crawling, right now you just scoot around on your belly. I just know in a matter of days you will be crawling.

5. Your soothie is Mommy's face. When I feed you or when I rock you, the first thing you do is put your hand on my face and mouth. I can tell when you are really asleep because your arm goes limp. So sweet.

6. You totally eat your veggies now. Of course anything that is green or carrots I have to mix with a little juice and put it in your cereal but you eat them now! I guess you just gave in. P1010905P1010911P1010907 

7. I swear you are teething. You drool like a maniac and gum EVERYTHING. I'm just waiting to see those pearly whites!

8. Your gross motor skills are almost fully developed. (Translation: you pick things up with your fingers)

9. You almost weigh 17 lbs!! We are so close to your one year goal of 18 lbs! Such a big boy!

10. You are a major kicker! When you are lying on your back, whether you are excited or mad, you pick up both legs as high as you can and slam them on the bed or whatever surface you are on. Let me tell you it is loud and so funny to watch. Sometimes it is a temper tantrum, sometimes you are blowing spit bubbles. Either way, hilarious!P1010913

11. You love to play in the pack-n-play from Nana and PawPaw. Let me tell you, it is a life saver when I am making dinner. Now you can't roll all over the house!

12. You love your bathtime! Anytime you can splash, you just get so excited. I am so glad that you love the water. I can't wait for your first swimming lessons!

P1010914So my darling, you are growing up. As sad as I am to see you get bigger, I LOVE all of the new things you do each day. You are such a fun and happy baby even tho ugh you seem to get sick every week. Oh well, that just means when you start school you will have one strong immune system!

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible, funny, smart and handsome boy! He and PawPaw need some male bonding time!

    ReplyDelete