Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eleven Months Old

IMG_4871 Well my darling, after this post you will become a toddler.  You are now eleven months old.  I don’t know what happened, but it seems like all I did was blink and you morphed from a baby to my little man.  So once again, here is a list of all the things you can now do as an eleven month old:

IMG_4869IMG_4860IMG_48701. Swim!!  You LOVE the water.  We took you to Nana and PawPaw’s pool and you had so much fun!  No baby water for you, as we swam along you would kick your legs in the water and splash.  Honestly you looked like a dolphin because you kicked both legs at the same time, but you were awesome! It was a fun day and we were so lucky that Uncle Ron could come and visit!!

IMG_4810IMG_4825IMG_4815IMG_4809 IMG_4799

2. Stand by yourself for just a second.  And only a second, you have the bruises to prove it.  You are such a daredevil, it seems that every time I turn around you have let go, tried to walk and bumped your head or leg or something.  No worries, I just grab your Nemo boo boo buddy and give you a few kisses.  You’ll get it soon baby, don’t worry.

3. You are not my sweet little sleeper.  I just can’t get you to sleep through the night.  In the middle of the night the second your diaper is wet, you wake me up so I can change you.  Luckily it is only once a night.  At least twice a week you let me sleep though, we have got to fix this over the summer!IMG_4851 IMG_4846

4. You know the word “no” and you love to test us!  When you stand up and try to touch the DVD player, you know you aren’t supposed to so you look at us and smile and wait for “no”.  Then you frown at us and grunt and then usually crawl down and find something else.  You do not like to hear the word “no”!  But you have to learn boundaries little buddy.  At least we give you something else to play with!

5. You love big dogs!  Takoda, Starr, Tehya and Paxton.  I tried to introduce you to a little Yorkie and you wanted nothing to do with it, but the second Takoda and Starr run up to sniff your face you are all smiles and you reach for them.  What a brave and big boy!! IMG_4774IMG_4783

6. You love it when Mommy reads to you.  You grin as I put you in my lap, and then talk as I read to you.  You point at the pictures and smile.  I love those moments!

7. You laugh and make noises in your sleep.  Not sure what you are dreaming about, but it must be fun!

8. You are a clingy little boy in the mornings and at night.  Apparently, you only want your Mommy.  Luckily once you fully wake up, you are ready to go!

9. You can now crawl up onto the coffee table and couch.  Wow, when you are walking I will NEVER sit down!

10. You love cheesecake.  Probably shouldn’t have given you any, but it was only a couple of bites and you LOVED it!

So little man, in a matter of days you will be one year old.  This has been the most memorable and rewarding year of my life. Thank you sweet pea and get ready because your party is going to be so much fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment