Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Be Thankful

Well, we have so much to be thankful for! I find myself more in the spirit of gratefulness now more than ever. The miracle of my son is still an amazement to me. We went to San Angelo for Thanksgiving this year. Sadly, Michael had two major ear infections so we went to the doctor the morning we left for our trip. I had no idea my little man was so sick becuase he never cried about it or tugged on his ears. The doctor was so sweet and gave us the okay for travel. So we loaded up, gave Michael his first dose of antibiotics and hit the road. He does love the bubble gum taste of his medicine. When I give him the dropper he grabs my hand and pulls the medicine to his mouth. So cute! That weekend I began to look around me and see all the things that I am truly thankful for:
1. I'm thankful for salvation through Jesus Christ
2. I'm thankful for my husband Derin and son Michael
3. I'm thankful for my family
4. I'm thankful for ALL the food!!
5. I'm thankful that we are all healthy and were able to be together this year
6. Thankful that morning sickness is gone (unlike this time last year! :)
7. I'm thankful that Michael found such joy in an empty Sonic cup when we were in the car. He grabbed it and was so excited to play with it he was shaking!! If I took it away, he was not a happy man!
8. I'm thankful to be a mother. I now understand how much my parents love us. It is just bubbling over! I know I appreciated my parents but it is so much deeper than that now.
9. I'm thankful for God's provision and plans, even though I can't always see them
10. I'm thankful that no matter what happens, we will always be covered by God's grace and protection, even if we feel we are all alone.
There is so much more, but the blog would just go on and on. So here are the pictures of our wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I hope you enjoyed yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment